HEALTH & SAFETY
Total Trees is experienced in all aspects of Arboriculture and place a strong emphasis on Health and Safety. We take a proactive approach to ensuring tree surgery and felling is carried out safely and professionally at all times.
We carry out full site specific risk assessments daily for all our works to ensure full protection for the public and all property in and around the work area. It goes without saying that we apply the same principles to our own team and equipment.
All our staff receive appropriate and ongoing training to meet with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements. Our climbers and chainsaw operators are assessed for competence by the NPTC, an independent, nationally-recognised and HSE-approved organisation.
Safety is at the heart of all we do. Our specialist team members are fully qualified and we always have trained First Aiders at each site.
A risk adverse approach is taken at all times and we always deliver a professional service, carrying out work to high standards whilst leaving the area clean and tidy.
All our works are carried out to:
- British Standards BS 3998: 1989 "Recommendations for Tree Work"
- British Standards BS 5837: 2005 "Trees in Relation to Construction - Recommendations"
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998)
- PUWER (the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998)